Friday 17 October 2014

Are you tired of being taken for a fool?

BEFORE: nice packaging

SPAIN (and anywhere else in the ‘civilised world’) OPINION – It may be a function of age, or of being a Grumpy Old Man (which I have been called by good friends), but, honestly … I bought a packet of sliced chorizo and salchichón at the Día supermarket in Jimena the other day. It spent a couple of days in my fridge before I opened the packet to make a bollo (roll) for my merienda (tea-ish) (though I had written an article condemning processed food, which this certainly is). This is what I found under the cellophane:



AFTER: deceptive packaging



It’s not the first time I've found this kind of thing – shorter 
chocolate bars at the same price as before, for instance, is a trick as old as I am at least – nor do I suppose this supermarket (part of the Carrefour group) is the only place to sell us gato por liebre ('cat for hare', or to rip someone off).





BUT I’M VERY FED UP WITH BEING TAKEN FOR A FOOL! Aren't you? (Please comment below or send us an e-mail on the ‘form’ on the sidebar)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please make it as short as possible so we can deal with all of them. Your comment is subject to editing. Please do not use foul language. WE DO NOT USUALLY PUBLISH ANONYMOUS COMMENTS.