Friday 26 September 2014

Do you know any of these?

JIMENA (Cádiz) These are some of the cacti (there are more below) I've been collecting over the years, plus a very invasive creeper (I call it Creepy) that, while providing shade in the summer, has to be kept well under control and is now cut back to make room for a less invasive jasmine, which has less character but is easier to manage.  Still, tourists come by to take a good look at it, or a photo – and they always ask me what it is. I have no idea. I don’t know any of their names, so I wondered if you might be able to help. Some were bought in; others are some of the only survivors of my lengthy hospitalisations. Well, we all need a bit of TLC, don’t we? And yes, I do speak to them – well, I say good morning anyway. Begin to worry when I tell you they’re answering back. Seriously, though, they and their many mates on both my patios have provided healthy entertainment and a lot of willing work. [ANYBODY INTERESTED IN RUNNING A GARDENING SECTION IN OUR COMING-SOON WEBSITE?]


CLICK TO ENLARGE





Local names in Spanish would be more helpful than English. Their Latin names would be even better. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please make it as short as possible so we can deal with all of them. Your comment is subject to editing. Please do not use foul language. WE DO NOT USUALLY PUBLISH ANONYMOUS COMMENTS.